Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THE OUTCAST * TED

The Outcast  by Sadie Jones - Here's a quick old fashioned read filled with frustrating characters.  As the readers, we know exactly what's wrong, but we also know that there isn't much we could do about it even if we were there in the book.  It's written with a bit of a pleasant British accent, and while most of the events are unpleasant, the daily lives these characters supposedly live are all geared toward proper pleasant activities.  Something keeps one reading, though.  Lewis Aldridge, the main character, is faced with choices every single moment, and we keep reading to see what he'll do because we want to care for him, and we so hope that he'll get a break or make a good choice.  Ted - Redbox has me coming and going lately.  It's close to home, it sends constant colorful emails to remind me to go to it, and it always has something new for me to try in return for a free movie.  Just the sort of nonsense to waste my time, and just the sort of nonsense I seem to be buying into lately.  ANYWAY.  Yesterday morning, the Redbox email said that Ted was here!  I didn't expect it to be in my local Redbox because Timothy Green still isn't there, but I tried and got it.  Steve loved it, and I have to say, that for the time I was awake, it was pretty funny.  The bear is cute, but never stops.  Mark Wahlberg is good, but not my favorite in this role, and Mia Kunis is pretty, but it all got to be too much.  Ted is a really cute bear, and probably disgusting, but the whole thing could have probably been a shorter movie.  Overall there are funnier cute raunchy movies.  

No comments: