Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THE NIGHT BOOKMOBILE

The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger - Audrey wrote the marvelous The Time Traveler's Wife, which was also a good movie if you'd read the book. I expected this book to be a novel, but when I found it, it was in the 741 section of books because it's a graphic novel; illustrated like a children's storybook. One look at the enticing cover art, and I knew that this was a book for me. It's a story about a woman who goes on a walk that may be a dream, and what happens on her walk, and in her dream, and in her life, and how they all intersect. It's also about books, and it takes place in Chicago, and it's especially for lovers of books. I liked this so much that I'm going to read it again before returning it to the library.

I've just reread The Night Bookmobile, and wanted to include some of the author's "After Words" about the book. She asks "What is it we desire from the hours, weeks, lifetimes we devote to books? What would you sacrifice to sit in that comfy chair with perfect light for an afternoon in eternity, reading the perfect book, forever?"
Good Question.

In one week, on Thursday, December 1st I'm going to be in a holiday fair, selling my jewelry. It's called Sip 'n Shop, and it happens at St. Francis school in Wilmette, from 6-9 pm. I've been making necklaces, bracelets and earrings for weeks, and finally straightened up my dining room table bead studio, so that I could photograph the pieces, so that I could post them to this blog and to Facebook. Tomorrow I start posting and
publicizing. Yea! Sip 'n Shop will be a fun time. Complimentary admission, cash bar and a raffle, in addition to the vendors.



No comments: