Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUNDAY AFTERNOON RUMINATIONS

How can it POSSIBLY be 3:30 on Sunday afternoon? I've hardly done a thing today, including showered or washed my hair which I have to do since we're going to Nancy and Johan's for a Superbowl Party any time after 4:30. I was awake early, read Cutting For Stone and am now halfway through it, but must take an intermission to return it to the library and read Books 1-4 of The Odyssey for a Parent Book Group at school on Thursday night. Our freshmen are going to be reading it, so this is an opportunity to read what they are reading, which I often do anyway. I think I may have read it ages and ages ago, and am looking forward to it, especially since the moderator is passionate about this book, as well as being Peter's Track Coach. DIGRESS! (Does anyone remember Holden Caulfield's digress rant?) I once dated a guy whose last name was Caulfield, and I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that his last name was a major attraction to a very nice but non literary person. Steve is not literary, but he reads the Tribune every day, and he loves to read his BMW magazine as well as schematics. DIGRESS!
What else did I do today? I made thi
s Chocolate Tart from Wednesday's Tribune Food Section. Nancy asked if I would bring a dessert, and I am always happy to oblige with a dessert. 99% of the time it will be a chocolate dessert. I think it will be really yummy. I substituted Rum for the Cassis or orange rind, and only used 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa rather than two. I made a regular graham cracker crust rather than the chocolate wafer crust or plain graham cracker crust that was indicated. I also changed the cage and fed Pretty Bird, and took a few pictures of her. Played 10 games of Scrabble, and all my partners must have much more interesting lives than I do, because none of them has then taken another turn. I read yesterday's mail, talked on the phone to my mom a few times and Michelle once. This is extremely lame, so now I am going to make at least a modicum of progress (can progress be measured in modicums?)(or might it be modicae?) DIGRESS. OK, I'll get the pictures of the tart and Pretty Bird on here and go to the guest room. I started to title this post Sunday Afternoon Rationalizations, but have changed it to Sunday Afternoon Ruminations, since I haven't rationalized anything. I have no excuse or rationalization for wasting my time today. DIGRESS. I love chocolate.

No comments: