Friday, February 4, 2011

CAN'T SLEEP

It's that peaceful middle of the night time (only about 1:30) and I enjoyed TV night in my chair with a nice line up of the Thursday night NBC comedies and Detroit 1-8-7 (I love that show). I fell asleep nearing the end of the Joan and Melissa show where Joan Rivers moves from NYC to LA to live with her daughter. Melissa is pretty together and down to earth, and Joan is just all over the board. On the one hand she's pretty much fun, and on the other she has no boundaries. I know that you know this, but to see their mother daughter dynamic is comforting somehow no matter how crazy it gets, because my friends and I have some of these same mother daughter issues. Not the issues, exactly, it's more the way they communicate with each other. There's this nice love and respect between them, but the daughter has to be VERY patient, VERY loving, and VERY forgiving. I suspect that I'm not the only daughter who relates. I love reality TV. My grandmother and dad would have loved it, too.
I came upstairs to go straight to bed so that I could read a little. However the computer beckoned, and I thought there couldn't be any harm in checking my email. There wasn't any harm. There were six emails including one to buy the car I'm selling on Craigslist in Florida. Then I checked
in and played 3 Scrabble games on facebook. I had a Bingo in one of them, PROBATE, but there was absolutely no place to play it on the almost empty board. Bummer. While waiting to see if any of my Scrabble partners were up and taking turns, I got rid of the "messages" that I'd been ignoring, changed my profile picture from snow Dianne to summery Dianne, and checked Scrabble again. No one was on, so I came over to my blog to report that I'd gotten started in a big way on the office/guestroom organization. The reason I might not be able to sleep is the same reason I didn't fall asleep in the chair earlier than I did. I've been night eating in a big way. Whole grain Tostitos, first with melted swiss cheese, and then right out of the bag when the healthy snack didn't do the trick. After that I needed something sweet, and brought the bag of Peanut M&M's into the room. I'm all salted and sugared now. And I need my sleep because there are a million places to go tomorrow. omg, I forgot to wrap Peter's present. His birthday is tomorrow. Here I go. I'll put it in his room so that it's there when he wakes up in the morning. I love that boy.

No comments: