Friday, April 2, 2010

SUNNY DAY

I did get out to the sun today, and read and read. For awhile the neighbor's lawn people were next door creating the loudest racket with mowers, leaf blowers and something else, probably one of those turn the soil machines. Then they left me in peace once more.
I also took my garden pictures, but sadly, none have the magic. There is hope, though. The book is called Wandering Star, and won the Nobel Prize in 2008. The story is moving through time and place, and I'm so happy to be reading a good fictional story once again.

I straightened up my little blue squirrel. He might not survive the cut when it's time to have the driveway sale in May. On the other hand, I love the little squirrels in our neighborhood.
Then there are these little "fans"...leaves which are going to bloom into the lovely leaves of this plant:

Finally, my favorite, the Grape Hyacinth. Is there a more lovely sign of Spring and Easter? I'm probably going to pick this one and put it in a little vase on my windowsill so that during the next cold weeks before spring, there will be hope and happiness for sunny and summery days.

No comments: