Tuesday, November 17, 2009

GENERATION TEXT

Generation Text Raising Well-Adjusted Kids in an Age of Instant Everything by Dr. Michael Osit - I usually don't read non-fiction, but the principal of Peter's school recommended this book in one of his newsletters, so I decided to check it out. It's a must read for any parent who is fighting the onset of this new technological age of cell phones, texting, ipods and ieverything else. He talks about how our socially accelerated culture is driving children to ever younger exposure to a fast moving world. He talks about parenting realistically in this culture of choice, and his ideas will help any parent to make decisions that are best for their own children and family. I like that he acknowledges that everyone is different, and I think he advocates parenting with a lot of thought, heart, communication, honesty, open-mindedness and love. Hmmmm....maybe I could write a book!
If you had to read one book of this parental-advice-in-the-new-millenium genre, this is the one I'd recommend.

1 comment:

Dr. Michael Osit said...

Thank you for your kind review. The message in my book is an important one for all parents. I would love to bring my talk/book signing tour to your child's school. Feel free to contact me for more information.

-Dr. Michael Osit
DrMichaelOsit.com