Friday, August 28, 2009

GEEK LOVE * THE POSSE


Geek Love by Katherine Dunn - My wonderful garage saling friend, Debby, found this one at a sale and stated that she used to only want to be friends with people who loved this book. So that's why we get along so well! This is one to go into with no preconceived ideas - just know that it's a different kind of a story about a different kind of people with accordingly different kinds of lives.
I'll say that I long to see Arty as the writer saw him. I mean with my eyes, what he looks like. As you'll find out, you will see and know Arty soon enough. I did get to see Olympia somehow - and I saw the love. So, just read it. And let me know if you like it, 'cause although our friendship isn't riding on this one, I'll know a little more about you depending on what you thought of Geek Love.
I'm off to Italy after a week of heavy nightly partying with The Posse in sad celebrations of Pam's moving out of state. We did have fun. And now without our tireless leader and inspiration, we are left to carry the social torch of parties, supper clubs, exciting events and girls' nights out all by ourselves. Even the sky cried rain as
she pulled away in her suburban off into the Chicago traffic. Her new neighbors and friends have no idea of the fun they are in for when she hits their town.

No comments: