Friday, July 3, 2009

SET-UP

Every month I read my alumni magazine from University of Michigan, and a couple of months ago there were some great articles about life at UM during the 1930s. Someone had written a book about his experiences, so I looked him up, and it turns out that he'd written a number of books.
Step-Up by Edmund G. Love was published in 1980. It is a pretty good detective story about a George Rowe, who was forced to retire from the police department. Of course he's a crack detective who can't let go of the old job. A good little summer read. To show the book, I'll have to take a photo. I'll bet this hasn't been checked out and read in over 20 years!

Today is July 3, 2009. Sometimes I can't even believe that we are in the 2000s. It's a beautiful day, not warm enough for me, but sunny and lovely. We've got fireworks lined up for tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait.

No comments: