Thursday, May 28, 2009

PRODUCTIVITY


Yesterday I was so inspired by the Note to Self nonsense, that I completed a number of tasks, NONE of which was on any of the notes to self! Today is going the same way, only less productive so far. I was determined to make the round tablecloth out of this beautiful fabric I got from a Drapery Company via Freecycle. The round table unadorned was getting pretty old....Voila! Isn't it pretty? The fabric doesn't have that sheen in real life. It's kind of a beige/natural color. Lots of measuring 10 times and cutting once with this project, and the hem is just serged. Yea!
Then I was cutting out the front of a box of Fruit Loops because I have this idea that I am going to frame colorful cereal box covers for Peter's room. Well,
no time like the present, there was a frame in the back hall next to the back door with some 4th grade artwork that had slipped from it's matted position. It seemed like the Fruit Loops was the right color and size. Eh Voila Again! It's so happy looking, and makes me smile as I go out the door. I managed to read the paper and do my nails which haven't been polished in ages. A long time ago my favorite nail color was Cocoa Pearl by Revlon. I've been looking to duplicate it for years since it was discontinued, and I think this Limited Edition Revlon color called Femme Petale does the trick. So pretty. That's three coats plus base and top, looks like I'm going to do 4 coats next time. 3 nails are already marred with today's tasks and my constant hand washing.

I made some healthy Black Bean/Tomato/Onion/Corn salad with Brown Rice/Wild Rice in the Green and Red bowls. Sorry no picture. Needed something sweet and made a Bougatsa. I've been wanting to make this since having it on Crete. It's Galatoubouriko without the syrup and turned out sort of plain and delicious. The Bougatsa place is right behind this fountain in Iraklion which is the largest city on Crete. The bougatsa I made was per Vefa's instruction, which has the taste but not the form. The form is to put the filling into the filo and wrap it up like an oblong envelope. I'll do that next week and show it. It seems like just last year I googled Bougatsa and there was nothing. Now there are a many references and there's even a Wiki! All this makes me hungry. I'm going to have a piece right now.

No comments: