Monday, November 9, 2015

LITTLE BEACH STREET BAKERY * DOLL AND EM

I've been having a sort of Britishy lighthousy few nights. The days as usual are filled doing I don't know what with the goal of being organized, beautifully minimal, calm and creative. A girl can dream.

Image result for little beach street bakeryLittle Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan - Sweet sweet story about life on a charming little island called Mount Polbearne in Cornwall in southern England. It's one of those difficult to reach fishing islands, and our heroine, Polly, lands there after her posh Plymouth life came to a crashing halt. I loved reading this book! It's the very best English chic lit, and I keep wondering whether Mount Polbearne really exists. If so, I want to go! 

I just looked it up and it turns out that there are 43 tidal islands off the mainland of Great Britain. Mount Polbearne is based off this one:
Image result for mount polbearne 

Image result for doll and emDoll and Em - I didn't realize that there had been an entire new second season of Doll and Em on HBO, so last night I binged on all 6 episodes. Good thing it was a short season and the shows are 30 minutes each! I was conflicted about the show last season, but there's something about these two goofy self-centered besties that is somehow compelling. In this season, they decide to write a play in a lighthouse. It's loosely based on their lives and they get two famous younger actresses to play them. They are all over the board in their lives and it's amazing that they can be so annoying yet so watchable. Image result for mount polbearne  

No comments: