Thursday, November 19, 2015

HAPPILY ALI AFTER * BROOKLYN

Image result for happily ali afterHappily Ali After And other Fairly True Tales by Ali Wentworth - Loved it! Ali's mind can't not come up with constant wit about Inspiration, Marriage, Parenting and Wellness. She's grown up, but not totally a grown up, neurotic, but funny, sweet with a little edge. She never goes all the way to discomfort, but goes far enough to be entertaining and occasionally squirmy. I could read these stories forever.Image result for Brooklyn movie posterBrooklyn - I haven't been a regular movie-goer for awhile, which means that every time I do go, I want to see something excellent. Brooklyn delivered. I read the book a few years ago and loved the story of Aylish, (not how it's spelled, but how it sounds) (and if you read my review of the book, you'll see that with the unusual spelling, I didn't know how to pronounce her name) a young Irish girl who cannot find a job in her town. Her sister arranges for her to go to America where a job and place to live await her in Brooklyn. It isn't the most action packed movie, but the story flows and in the end Aylish has a big decision to make.



No comments: