Thursday, August 6, 2015

IT'S A LONG STORY * WELCOME TO ME

Image result for its a long story my lifeIt's A Long Story My Life by Willie Nelson with David Ritz - I didn't know much about Willie Nelson before reading his autobio, but he's truly a prolific singer and songwriter with a passion for loving life and those around him. He's careful to tell only his own story, (often through the poetry of his and others' song lyrics) and he's completely open minded to the world. It's about love and letting each person live their own life. He's been a wise old soul the entire time, and I enjoyed the experience of reading about him.

Image result for welcome to me dvd coverWelcome To Me - This Kristin Wiig movie is a wild ride into the mind of a woman with borderline personality disorder and whatever that label says about her when she comes into some big money. It's heartfelt and completely quirky, but somehow slow moving like it's missing some energy that I wish were in there somewhere. But then it might not represent Alice, the title character who is a presence to behold. If you like Kristin, watch it and decide for yourself. 

No comments: