Tuesday, December 30, 2014

DIVERGENT * A WHISTLING WOMAN * THE COMEBACK

Divergent - Steve and I enjoyed this distopian fantasy movie about Triss, a girl who is too smart for her world, and therefore a threat to the powers that be. It was very easy to follow, although I had the feeling that the book is probably deeper in terms of all the characters and events.  It's a great movie.

A Whistling Woman by Louise Shivers - Just read this novel in a flash. It's not that I couldn't put it down as much as I wanted to know the outcome of my worrying that something dark was hovering over the characters in a way similar to Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail. It added to the tension though, and not to worry, these are two very different stories - each special in its own way. The Comeback - I just watched the season finale of this quirky HBO show starring Lisa Kudrow. She plays Valerie Cherish, a washed up 1980s sit com actress now making a reality show which turns out to be the chronicling of her comeback in a new HBO show. So it's sort of a show within a show within a show. I think. It's been really memorable this season - in fact if this was the second season, and I think it was, I don't remember anything about the storyline of the first season. Might have to go back to watch that one.

No comments: