Friday, September 5, 2014

THE GOLDFINCH

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - I know that some people like a long book. The longer the better and they pour over every word as they read it for weeks on end. Not me. What is there to say in a story that takes 771 pages? Since Valerie liked it so much, I kept on reading. and reading. and reading. and reading. and reading. And I found out nothing new, and the plot advanced extremely slowly even though it covers 10 years in the life of Theo, a New York City boy who survives a museum bombing. I found it excruciating, long, wordy, and verbose. You are so lucky I read some of these books so that you don't have to. I'm glad to tell you the whole story in a few sentences if you want to know what it's about, (so in that case, call or email me) but I would never ruin it here on the blog for anyone who still wants to read it. Because I know that some people like a long book.

No comments: