Saturday, September 1, 2012

AMERICAN REUNION * A PARTIAL TV LINE UP


American Reunion - Here's a movie about the modern day American Pie boys attending their 13th high school reunion. It's not nearly as raunchy as I thought it would be and it's really funny and almost sweet the way the characters support each other. Fun to watch with a cast full of surprises. I'm going to watch the other two movies in the series.

Flipping Out - One of my favorite shows is back for another season on Bravo. There is something about Jeff Lewis. I love Zoila and am so happy for Jenny and her greek Dr. from Chicago. How fun!

Awkward - This is an MTV show about high school that I've been loving.

The Inbetweeners
- Here's a new MTV show about four guys in high school who don't quite hold up the wall in the cafeteria, but they aren't the popular kids either.

Drop Dead Diva - I love her! The title is all wrong for the show. It's a lawyer show about a blonde model who comes back to life in an unlikely body.

The Monkees - Loved it then love it now. Bittersweet to watch knowing that Davy Jones no longer walks among us, but no less fun and goofy. This was the innocent part of the 60s and 70s.

Real World St. Thomas - MTV has grabbed a lot of my viewing time. I always love shows that take place in southern California or on beautiful islands. The cast is lovable this season and perfectly intelligent and dumb as only twenty somethings can be. It's a great show this time around.

Beverly Hills Nannies - Eh. Not so much. Probably going to cease the series recording.

Keeping up with the Kardashians - Why do I love this show? I love their family love, and their honesty even when it seems a contrived for the show. There's always a moral, and just like in many real families, even though they make each other crazy, they always come through for each other and stick together. And they're beautiful, and they live in beautiful houses, and they live in beautiful southern California.

Million Dollar Listing - Doesn't matter if it's in Los Angeles or New York, this is a good show. I am partial to the LA version for obvious reasons (see above about the Kardashians).

Secret Millionaire - This is the one that makes me cry. Almost every time and I love it. There is so much goodness in the world, and it's everywhere, and there is more good than bad. This show demonstrates it.

TV is my therapy.




No comments: