Friday, April 22, 2011

COUNTRY STRONG

Country Strong - I kind of wanted to see this movie at the theater a few months ago, but never had that empty afternoon on an overcast but not too cold or rainy day. It's too easy to wait for movies to come out on dvd, and then to watch them in the comfort of home on my own time with my own popcorn. I've been loving Gwyneth ever since she played a substitute teacher on Glee, and so I really liked this movie. She plays a country singer coming out of rehab before she's quite ready, in order to go straight back to performing. Her manager husband is behind this idea, and agrees that her sponsor, who is also a country singer, (good looking, good smile and good musician) can come on the road with them. The husband also insists that a pretty young thing who can sing also come on the road with them as the opening act. The acting was good, the music was great, and the story held up.

No comments: