Wednesday, September 2, 2015

BOB DYLAN CHRONICLES VOLUME ONE

Image result for bob dylan chronicles coverBob Dylan Chronicles Volume One by Bob Dylan - I'm not sure whether there are any more volumes of Chronicles, but if so, I'd read them all. These Chronicles are readable in the best way. The history is coming from the person who lived it, and he writes with a funny conversational ease. His descriptions are wonderful, and the way he puts words together is no surprise considering his background. Although there is a lot not here, there is enough to piece together an idea of one man's life in the times before life and the world became overly informational and chaotic. And yet he remembers some of those times as being chaotic and crazy too. The only thing that would have made this book better would have been to include some pictures; I wouldn't be greedy, just a few would do. Fine, I'll Google.Thinking more about it, the reason I enjoyed reading this was that the writing isn't formal and stilted or talking down to me; it's casually intelligent and straightforward. 

No comments: