Thursday, July 23, 2015

YES PLEASE * EMPIRE

Image result for yes please poehlerYes Please by Amy Poehler - Amy's book is delightful, just like she is. It's a combination memoir / positive life advice / funny story book that's just about the heaviest book I've read in a long time. By heavy I mean it weighs more than most books its size. This must be because it's composed of heavy paper, and I must say that the pages are lovely and smooth to the touch with a bit of shine that helps the words jump off the page. Amy is a brilliant kind hearted sweet talented funny woman. She includes some pictures, but I would want more pictures, so for that reason I give Yes Please an A rather than an A+. Yes Please I'll read that book, and thank you Amy, for writing it! Image result for empireEmpire - Best network nighttime soap opera ever. It combines an excellent story line about a wealthy family, amazing actors, great music and fabulous fashion. It's the modern day Dynasty and it works. I can't wait for it to start up again. How is Lucious Lyon going to get out of his current jam? Will Cookie prevail? What about their boys? Will Empire survive?

No comments: