Tuesday, August 20, 2013

BLUE JASMINE

Blue Jasmine - Blue Jasmine was so good that I don't know what to write about it.  I saw it with my friend Helmut, and he loved it too, and thought that Cate Blanchette would be nominated for an Oscar for her performance as the quintessential pampered New York socialite visiting her sister in San Francisco. However, I can just hear people saying they thought the character was too into herself (aren't we all?  and aren't the shows we watch the same?), and blah blah blah.  For me, though, it's a perfect movie, from the beginning when you have no idea what is to come, to the middle, where you think you know what is going on, to the end. Woody Allen will often give you the place as a minor character who makes a difference, and San Francisco plays its part well.  If you watch it, I hope you will enjoy it. 

No comments: