Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BEHIND THE CANDELABRA MY LIFE WITH LIBERACE

Behind The Candelabra My Life with Liberace by Scott Thorsen with Alex Thorleifson -  Scott wrote this book after Liberace died, and it's the entire story of their affair and its sad demise.  Not as good as the movie if only because the visuals in the movie are so fantastic.  Still it's a decently written account of life with Lee.  Between the book and the movie you'll have the story - from Scott's perspective.  From Liberace's perspective, he wasn't gay - just flamboyant.  The photo on the cover is almost chilling because of their resemblance to each other.  Liberace is still rather a mystery - which is often true of people who are not truthful.  I visited the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas years ago, and it was the epitome of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous in the late 1980s.  Very glitzy, pretty garish and all over the top.  It was before I got into Real Estate and satisfied my desire to see how people live, so I loved it.  I think I'm going to watch the movie again!  (And if I ever get back to Vegas..... I might go back.) 

No comments: