Monday, April 15, 2013

THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani - This love story follows a pair of immigrants from Italy to America in the early years of the 20th century.  Ciro is a hard working fellow who embarks on his journey under stress, while Enza is a young woman who crosses the ocean for different reasons.  It's a story about love, about families, about friendship and loyalty, about opportunities missed and realized, and at my favorite parts, it's about a seamstressBeautifully written and very readable.   I loved it and recommend it.Last week I spent a couple of nights with my friends Jenny and Sue at Jenny's house on a lake in Wisconsin.  We laughed and laughed and played games and spent an afternoon on our iPads.  I launched a Facebook page called herheartonhersleeve where I am listing favorite books.   On Pinterest, it turns out that I have two accounts.  One at the website and one on the app.  I can original pin on the app, so I have a couple of book folders there as well.  Social networking is all fine and good, but there is nothing like face to face time actually spent with good friendsIt's definitely one of my favorite things.  





No comments: