Thursday, September 23, 2010

SONATA FOR MIRIAM

Sonata for Miriam - by Linda Olsson is about a musician from New Zealand who loses his daughter, but then sets out to find himself. His life had been shrouded in mystery, and a chance visit to a museum opened his mind to the possibilities of figuring out his true identity. It's a good book, uneven reading for me, as I couldn't put it down at times, and then alternately didn't care to pick it up.

Cover art - When I search online for a picture of the book or movie I'm reviewing, I often come across different images for the same story. I always show the image that was on the cover of the specific copy that I had, since cover art is what often inspires me to read or watch. The most I read of other reviews is a sentence or two to find out whether I'll go for it. It turns out that Sonata for Miriam has a number of different covers. The one above is the one I checked out of the library. The ones below are the other choices at Google images:


I guess different covers must appeal to different people and demographics. I might not have picked this one had it had any of the other covers. The cover got me to read it, and I kept with it only because I was out of town and needed a book and it was convenient to be reading something that I didn't care about. This has already taken up too much of my time! So long, Sonata.

No comments: