Monday, June 14, 2010

WHAT WE KEEP

What We Keep by Elizabeth Berg - This little paperback was in a drawer at my aunt's house, and when I finished Hurry Down Sunshine, it was this or nothing. It's a story about two sisters and their mother. It's told in two stories, thirty-five years apart, and the moral for me is that young people cannot always be blamed forever for their actions in their teens through thirties. If the mature ones can give a break to the immature ones, then we'd all be better off. People can be so mean to other people. When they are older and meaner, it's as unpretty and unpleasant as can be. It's a good book. Some people will cry at the end. I didn't. I'm numb this week.

But I am DETERMINED to get things in order. Once and for all. To go toward minimalism in all the categories where things are readily available otherwise. To not own it is OK if it can be obtained easily. Can this saver of stuff be saved?

No comments: