Monday, October 12, 2009

FINDING STUFF * THE POWER OF ONE

I just went to find the book I was going to review, and it was nowhere to be seen on my now-messy-again desktop. Where could it be? It was just there yesterday, and it's due back to the library in a day or so. I started putting things away, opened the file drawer to put away my address book, and there was the library book neatly in the spot for the address book. How did that happen? And when would I have discovered it? This recurring theme in my life lately is the most annoying thing about not being organized and perfect to within an inch of my life. I miss being that person! It's important and I'm going to work with intent to get back there. It's important and worth the battle.

The Power of One - by Jane A. Adams is a murder mystery set in a sweet town in Dorset in the UK; Rina Martin is a widow who owns a little boarding house and solves mysteries much to the annoyance and appreciation of the local constabulary. The picture on the cover is nothing like I pictured the setting in my imagination. If you like mysteries where even the bad guys are not so bad, then this book is for you. I probably won't be reading any more Rina Martin mysteries. It has short chapters.
The title has a little something to do with the story, but it's nowhere near as powerful as it sounds.

No comments: