Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HOLIDAY RANT

It's all snowy and cold outside today, two days before Christmas...


so I decided to finish wrapping the presents. I started by going to put away a roll of non-Christmas wrap in the wrapping box under the bed. It was really dusty under the bed, so I thought I'd swiffer it and vacuum off the swiffer, and just do a little vac job on our room so that I could wrap in a cleaner environment. Just then I heard the Freecycler who was coming to pick up a silicone potholder, come to the door. Well, this Freecycler offered to bring us homemade Toffee, so I headed to the door to get the toffee so it wouldn't freeze. On the way, I turned on the iron so that I could iron one of the gifts to make it especially pretty when the present was opened. I thought it would be nice to listen to some Christmas music while doing all these tasks, so I came into the office to get the iTunes fired up on the computer, because I never put the Christmas music on my iPod. So I sorted by Genre, and only 1 1/2 of my Christmas CDs was there. So I searched and sorted all kinds of different ways, and it turns out that last year, I had put all of my Christmas CDs on iTunes, but they were all labeled differently. I found each and every tune, and Get Infoed it into the correct catergories and with the correct labels. This took probably an hour, now that I look at the clock. Then I made a special Christmas playlist which I'm listening to now. It's really nice, too, and I figured out how to shuffle within the playlist. All of this only did me half good, though, because guess what, my iPod IS SYNCHED TO MY OLD COMPUTER!!! I'll have to repeat the whole process to come up with a playlist that I can use downstairs with my iPod on Christmas day. I went downstairs and got the toffee, and then put on my coat and boots to get the newspaper, stepped out the door, and that wonderful Freecycler had put the paper right outside the door for us. The toffee was incredible with toffee, pecans and chocolate. I went to the kitchen and ate my leftover Tiropita and a glass of milk for breakfast and read the front page of the Trib. Nothing New. SoS. Straightened up the kitchen, went to the living room and moved my chair out of the way of blocking the Christmas Tree

so that when I put the wrapped presents under the tree I could enjoy seeing the full length of the tree. Now I'll go and wrap those presents. Oh, except I can't because first I have to swiffer under the bed! And iron that gift and the ironing pile. Oh well, the Tiropita was good. And you wonder what I do all day. Oh, and what do I really only want to do today? Finish my red skirt that I made yesterday, custom tailored for me for Christmas and Valentine's day and lined, too. It turned out beautifully. And make a purse out of that felted Eileen sweater that I posted a photo of here months ago. The Christmas Carols are adding some festivity and confusion to the day, but I need them for distraction. I just remembered why I went into the living room that time when I moved the chair. To get the space heater because it's so cold up here. I have extension cords and take the heater around the house with me to try to ward off the cold. I probably have that thing where your extremities are always cold.

No comments: