Friday, February 29, 2008

WILDLY CHERRY M&Ms

What in the world would bring me back to my blog after all this time? Can you guess? What is my favorite food? Since I was a little girl and my grandmother used to give us each a handful of this if we were good. (She kept it in the cupboard by the window on the third shelf either in the sugar bowl or behind it).

I was poking around Walgreens tonight, and had already located and paid for my free rebate items, and as I was walking out the door, I happend to glance around, and saw the display across the counters. A new Limited Edition M&Ms flavor called Wildly Cherry.

So I turned around and bought a package. So back to the line and back through the checkout where the cashier laughed at me with my Limited Edition candy. I was going to save them until I got home and then savor them. Instead I got in the car, tore open the package and just spilled some into my mouth. Omg. These are really really good. All I could think about was that I couldn't tell my friend Janice about them. She was the only one who was aware of the Dark Chocolate M&Ms when they first came out as a temporary flavor. Now of course, they are in the regular line up. Janice died a little over a year ago, and I don't know anyone else who would care.


I could write a daily blog about M&Ms alone. I love them. Ordinarily I have a large bag of plain, and a large bag of Reeces Pieces, and eat some of each as a treat whenever I need a treat. Right now, the stash contains the large bag of plain M&Ms Easter Colors, and a large bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms regular colors. The Peanut Butter M&Ms are slightly larger than the regular, which is why I prefer the Reeces Pieces. When all candies are the same size, the custom mix tastes better. I should have gotten the regular color plain M&Ms though, because the Easter colors have a slightly different texture or flavor. They're good, just not as good.

I scarfed the new Wild Cherry M&Ms down so fast that I don't even know what colors they were! I think they were the larger round size, too. I didn't seem to mind.

No comments: