Monday, June 9, 2014

LOST IN YONKERS

Lost In Yonkers - I love our Northlight Theatre!  Lost In Yonkers is the Neil Simon play about two brothers who go to live with their stern grandmother after their mother dies and their father has to go to work as a traveling salesman in order to make enough money to pay off the debt he incurred for his wife's illness.  The action takes place during the 1940s in the grandmother's apartment in Yonkers, and involves not only the unpleasant grandmother, but the father's nutty siblings.  It's funny and poignant, and the acting was great.  Northlight is a small house, so no matter where you sit, you're close to the action, and it's easy to get lost in the play.  As soon as I have a chance, I'm going to watch the 1993 movie, and maybe go back to some more of Neil Simon's work.Saling - I sold and gave away stuff this week and it felt good to purge.  My next challenge is whether to have a yard sale this summer.  I love doing it, and have a fair amount to sell.  I was thinking I wouldn't have the sale, but I think I might just go for it.  Two days, short hours.  Less stuff than usual, but stuff that people want, priced to sell.  Hmmm.  Don't know what to do.     

No comments: