Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TELL THE WOLVES I'M HOME

Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt - In addition to the obvious brilliance of the title and the cover, this is my current best book and top recommendation if anyone asks.  And maybe even if they don't ask, because I just wanted to savor each and every page, and I did for the past 4 days.  Tell The Wolves I'm Home is beautifully written, and about love, and our narrator and protagonist is a 14 year old who is both clueless and wise beyond her years.  She has this wonderful honest voice, though;  it's the kind of story I've been loving since I was that same 14 year old girl, on the edge of adulthood, and so smart, but still so far away from my future.  It's about June, Finn, Greta and Toby, New York, and secrets and misunderstandings, but these few words don't capture the magic and emotion that make up this beautiful story. 

No comments: