Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BAD TEACHER * THE DILEMMA

Bad Teacher - Hilarious. Cameron Diaz plays a selfish gold digger and partier who's stuck teaching in a middle school. Everything works in this movie, and it's really funny, and you find yourself pulling for her which is really strange and what makes it so good. I watched the DVD unrated version rather than the theatrical version if that makes a difference. It's that fun raunchy comedy genre with lots of actors you'll recognize from TV and other fun movies.

The Dilemma - This one is skippable. I kept falling asleep during it. Something about the story and all the performances is mediocre. It needed to be more fun without being an eye roller. It's usually pleasant to watch Vince Vaughn, though, so that's what kept me going. You know, falling asleep, waking up, rewinding back to where you think you left off, propping your eyes open watching a little more, falling asleep, jerking awake, rewinding, and so on until it's done hours later than if you'd just been able to stay awake! I watched it on On Demand, but had I seen the cover, maybe I would have passed.

No comments: