Monday, June 6, 2011

THE KITCHEN HOUSE

The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grisson -The kitchen house was a separate building on grounds of a southern plantation, set far enough away so that if there was a fire in the kitchen, it wouldn't reach the big house. In this story, the kitchen house is the center of the lives of Belle and Lavinia, who narrate the novel. This is the best book I've read in years, and as I finished it this morning, I turned back to the beginning and started to read it again! Then I went back to the end and read the final chapters with reverence and appreciation for where Kathleen Grisson had taken me these past few days. I never never wanted this book to end. And to that end, I hope that the author will give us at least one more installation of this story in a future book. If it is written with even half the heart and beauty of The Kitchen House, I will be a most happy reader. I recommend this book with all my heart.


No comments: